Are you interested in enrolling your student at SBCA?

SBCA is a school of choice.  That means that it is open to anyone who lives in the boundaries of the Santa Barbara Unified School District. If you are interested in attending, please contact the office at (805) 687-2081 or come by the school office any day between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm.


Enrollment Process Overview
Complete the steps on the Aeries Online Enrollment site.
  • If your student is new to the Santa Barbara Unified School District, or your student is returning to the District after having been enrolled somewhere else for a full school year or more, complete the online enrollment process.
    Complete the steps on the Aeries Online Enrollment site.

  • The system will automatically determine the school your student will attend based on the student’s address of residence. You will need to choose SBCA as your preferred school. No transfer is needed because we are a school of choice, open to anyone that resides in the District's attendance boundaries. If you live outside the District’s attendance boundaries, i.e. Goleta, you will need to complete the transfer process in addition to the enrollment process. The deadline to apply for a transfer is . 

Documents needed to complete the enrollment process.

One of the following identification documents:

  • A certified copy of a birth certificate or a statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
  • a duly attested baptism certificate
  • a passport
  • when none of the above documents is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent/guardian.

 Also, one of the following documents to verify your address:

  • Current property tax payment receipts or grant deed with county recorder’s stamp OR
  • Rent payment receipts or lease or rental contract OR
  • Utility service bill (gas, electric, water) OR
  • Pay stub OR
  • Voter registration OR
  • Correspondence from a government agency OR
  • Declaration of residency

*Kindergarten minimum age: 5 years old. Please check in with the office
*Transitional Kindergarten age: Please check in with the office

Immunization records need to be provided for all entering TK/K students and new students to the Santa Barbara Unified School district – Include the Tdap booster shot for all new students to the District.