Are you interested in enrolling your student at SBCA?
SBCA is a school of choice. That means that it is open to anyone who lives in the boundaries of the Santa Barbara Unified School District. If you are interested in attending, please contact Eva Ortiz at (805) 687-2081 or come by the school office any day between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
To schedule a school visit please call (805) 687-2081
All Returning Students Must Complete the Annual Registration Process Before they are Able to Attend Classes.
Annual Registration – Enrolled Students
Prior to the beginning of each school year in the Santa Barbara Unified School District, parents and guardians of students are required to complete the registration process for their children. In families with multiple children, registration must be completed for each child individually. In addition to the District forms required by law, each school may require site-specific forms and procedures.
- Complete the steps on the Aeries Portal site. The Aeries Portal refers to the online registration process as the Data Confirmation process.
- When you first log in, you will be prompted to complete the Data Confirmation (registration) process for each student before you can view that student’s records. Click on the link to start the registration process
- You will have an opportunity to complete the online registration process for each student, if you have multiple students already enrolled in the District. To view a different student, go to Change Student in the upper-right of the Portal screen after logging in.
- Once you’ve completed the registration process, if you would like to make additional changes, go to Student Info Data Confirmation.
- In addition, you will need to complete school forms, which you can find here.
- Sign the pre-populated Emergency Card that you printed from the site and all SBCA forms. Bring the forms to SBCA on July 6, 2018, or July 9, 2018.
Santa Barbara Unified Open Enrollment ends on January 18, 2019.
All NEW students must complete enrollment on Aeries. Please click here to go to online enrollment https://aeries.sbunified.org/air/
Enrollment Process Overview
Complete the steps on the Aeries Online Enrollment site.
- The system will automatically determine the school your student will attend based on the student’s address of residence. If you want to enroll in a different school, or if you live outside the District’s attendance boundaries, you will need to complete the transfer process in addition to the enrollment process. You will be enrolled in your school of residence until your transfer has been entered into the system.
- You will have an opportunity to enroll multiple students, if you have multiple students who are new to the District.
Bring additional documents to the school site to complete the enrollment process:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Immunization record – Include the newly required Tdap booster shot for all new 7th graders and new students to the District
- Address verification – One of the following:
- Current property tax payment receipts or grant deed with county recorder’s stamp OR
- Rent payment receipts or lease or rental contract OR
- Utility service bill (gas, electric, water) OR
- Pay stub OR
- Voter registration OR
- Correspondence from a government agency OR
- Declaration of residency